Focal Point
[CLOSED] concatenate in DQS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7297014096

June 22, 2018, 09:16 AM
CanMan
[CLOSED] concatenate in DQS
I'm trying to define a compound key in the join step in DQS. I get an unknown function using the concatenate function in the key definition of the join, also in the expression for a shadow column and in the expression for the alter format step.

Has anyone gotten concatenate to work? Is there another way to concatenate columns? the | operator does not work either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

iWay Service Manager 7.07
iWay Data Quality Server
June 22, 2018, 09:35 AM
Jikku.Jacob
Hi,
did you try constructing your concatenated key in a previous step? e.g. Alter format/Column Assigner

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 22, 2018, 09:43 AM
CanMan
Yes. I tried doing it with a shadow column and with the alter format. It seems the concatenate function described in help does not exist. I did find a solution using the + operator in the join, but I still want to know if concatenate is a valid function and how it is used.

Thanks for responding to this question.

iWay Data Quality Server
June 22, 2018, 09:59 AM
Jikku.Jacob
following is what i see from the help (documentation) press F1 key in your keyboard and search expressions.
I got this from DQS 10.6.2

concatenate string concatenate(string expression [, string separator=" "] [, integer maxLen])
Returns a concatenated string made up of non-NULL values in a group, separated by the value in separator(optional). The resultant string never exceeds maxLen characters. Elements causing overflow are not added.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 22, 2018, 10:33 AM
CanMan
Yes. I see that too. But when I use concatenate I get an unknown function error.

iWay Data Quality Server
July 02, 2018, 12:04 PM
FP Mod Chuck
CanMan

If this is still an issue please open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats