Focal Point
iSM Listener Transaction Management

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7347029395

November 18, 2010, 08:40 PM
AK
iSM Listener Transaction Management
Hello All,

I couldn't find any iSM documentation which has details about how to setup the PFlow to participate in a transaction.

I am using a File Listener with "Listener is Transaction Manager" set to TRUE. This listener is invoking a PFlow. In my PFlow I am using the three SQL Objects in the following sequence - one object to delete a record in Table B, another object to select a row from Table A, the last SQL object to insert a record in Table B. Table A and Table B are in MS SQL Server 2005 database.

What I would like to happen is if the insert object fails I would like to roll back the PFlow logic i.e. the delete should be rolled back. My understanding is that since the file listener is the transaction manager it rolls back the sql operations if it detects any failure in the PFlow.

I tested this logic by adding a typo in SQL and failed the insert sql statement. I noticed that the listener is comiting the delete operation and NOT rolling back.

1) Can the Channel/Listener automatically roll back transactions if a PFlow fails?
2) What are the PFlow objects that are allowed to participate in a transaction?
3) Do I need to set any other properties in the SQL object to participate in a transaction?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AK,

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server