Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] MS SQL Server Windows Authenication

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] MS SQL Server Windows Authenication
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi everyone,

I have a situation in iWay DM and I am not sure if there is a solution for it. Any advice is appreciated.

We have one license of iWay DM. We used to connect to databases in DEV, UAT, and production with SQL authentication. So single DM server can take care of different connections to all three environments. Recently, the company has requested to change to Windows Authentication for database connection. As far as I know, you can have the primary admin and windows services log on using the windows account, then use trusted for connections. Then you should be able to connect with Windows Authentication. But we only have one license. This means only one account can be specified to start the service.

In iWay SM, I created multiple configurations and assign different windows account to achieve this. I am wondering if iWay DM has similar mechanism, or the only way to solve it is to have a different windows machine per environment, or not to use Windows authentication at all.

Thanks

Cokey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi cokeyng,

Just a friendly follow up to see if you have found a solution to your question.

The following are a few suggestions:

- Check the DataMigrator User’s Guide for the setting sched_run_id
- this can be found on the TechSupp TechSupport ort site
- click on the Technical Documentation Library on the left side under "Get answers now"
- click on iWay 7.7.x
- scroll to find the DataMigrator documentation related to your version

- A single instance of the DataMigrator server can not run under multiple ID’s.

Since it sounds like you have one instance of DataMigrator which you are using for DEV, UAT and PROD? Does this mean you are using one server to do your Development, User Testing and Production and each requires a different ID for SQL Server?
If so, you can install separate instances on the same machine, each would have its own windows service, but that does require a license for each.

If any of the above has helped you with your question please mark the post as SOLVED, or if you have further questions please let us know.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tamra,

I have done some research and tried out a few configuration changes, based on the iWay DataMigrator User's Guide.
You are right, there is no way you can have multiple user accounts for integrated security with MS SQL Server with one DM license.

For your information and anyone who is interested, the following are the changes that I have tried.
1. For the MS SQL Server adapter, I changed the connection to use "Password Passthru" for security
2. The scheduler's sched_run_id to user, that used the login id that last saved workflow for authentication.
3. I also changed the *DM_USERID to include the domain so that the user id looks like "DOMAIN\USER ID".
4. The SQL still shows a SQL Login Failure. The State number is 6, which indicated the what authentication mode is used. This tells me that it is using SQL authentication, rather than Windows authentication.

I think the only solution we have with the department is to use Mixed Authentication.

Thanks

Cokey

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In addition, there is one inconsistency I found in the user guide. The procedure "How to Add the New User as a Application Administrator". I follow the steps, but I cannot find the folder "Roles folder" under Access Control.

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi cokey,

Thank you for sharing your results with the Forum.

I would like to pursue your documentation issue. If you don't mind can you please open a case and indicate that it is a documentation issue. Identify the manual that you found the inconsistency in and the page number. Thanks.

Thank you for participating in Focal Point iWay Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post