Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Data Migrator -- How do I get a count AFTER the join?
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Data Migrator -- How do I get a count AFTER the join?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I'm looking to develop a new key value for the table I'm inserting records into, so I need to take the current highest key and add one. I have the highest key part worked out and it's simple enough to create a counter on the input file, but in cases where not every record is inserted, it ends up producing gaps in the key numbering. I shouldn't care, but my customer is a neatnik and doesn't want those gaps. How do you set a sequential number to only the records that clear the join conditions and filter settings in Data Migrator?

J.

Posts: 894 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Belay that order -- I got it. No record counter needed on the left hand side. I now have

IF LAST NDC_LIST_KEY EQ 0 THEN MAX_NDC_LIST_KEY + 1
ELSE LAST NDC_LIST_KEY + 1

In my new key value definition and I get the sequential set that I want. Easier than having the counter too.

J.

Posts: 894 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post