Focal Point
Error saving transformation file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/748108324

April 20, 2010, 06:05 PM
cokeyng
Error saving transformation file
Hi All,

I got the following error when I try to save a transformation.

Could not load Error on line 1: Content is not allowed in prolog for {1}.{2}.

any idea what to check?

Thanks

Cokey

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
April 20, 2010, 07:03 PM
Dan Satchell
Click on the Advanced Search link at the top of this forum page and search on "Content is not allowed in prolog" (you must first login to the IBI Tech Support site). The search will display a number of cases having to do with this error message. One of them might apply to your situation.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
April 22, 2010, 05:26 AM
AdeH
Hi,
That's an XML parsing error of course, and usually means that your xml is missing an XML declaration.
I don't know how your tranform could be missing the declaration though...
Try looking at the template tab in transformer, and see if your transform's xml looks well formed?

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux
April 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
cokeyng
I think I find what the issue is, but don't understand how and why it happened.

The xml file that I used for input dictionary is split from a iterator object. I saved it as xml file for the following transform object. But the xml file itself has encoding="UTF-16". I also selected UTF-16 when specifying the file. As soon as I changed it back to UTF-8, it works just fine.

Any idea?

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
April 29, 2010, 05:24 PM
Nan
In your transformer, When you select the filename in the "open" dialog box for Input, the last option will be encoding. Choose UTF-16. This should solve your problem and you need not change the file content.

Nan