Focal Point
[SOLVED] How do I embed a carriage return in the text of my iWay Constant object

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7527020136

May 23, 2013, 04:12 PM
Phil DeBusk
[SOLVED] How do I embed a carriage return in the text of my iWay Constant object
This must be simple but I can't seem to find the right way to do this. I simply want to split two text strings with a carriage return so the output will show up on two separate lines when written to a flat text file.

I have a iway service object that is a com.ibi.agents.XDConstantAgent "or Constant" object. The output format is "flat". the Output line say looks like this _concat('Error during processing',SREG(EDAErr) ). I would like to put these two strings on separate lines. _concat('Error during processing',\n,SREG(EDAErr) ) I've tried many things in the "carriage return" area of the concatenation \n, \r, '\n', '\r', @CRLF(), CHR(13), etc. I'm at a loss as to how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still learning the function reference's and escape chars of ISM...obviously.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil DeBusk,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
May 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
iwayjeff
Phil,

It certainly looks like tried all the logical things, and there may not be a way to do this.

However, if you are writing the result directly to file, then consider this:

You could write 'THING1' to a file using File Write w/ "Append CRLF" = true.
Then do another constant agent for 'THING2' and another File Write to the same file. This time set "APPEND" = true, so the first one doesn't get overwritten.

If this is not what you are looking for, please open a case on our Hottrack system. I would have to research this and speak with engineering.

Regards,
Jeff
iWay Advanced Technical Support

iway
June 11, 2013, 02:54 PM
Phil DeBusk
Thanks Jeff, yes this does produce the desired output and kudos to you for being creative! However this IS a work-around for what I believe to be a small shortcoming of the iway toolset. I like my log files to have some bare-minimum formatting.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs