Focal Point
[SOLVED]DMC default email address for E-Mail On Failure

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7607065196

August 29, 2019, 03:03 AM
Martin vK
[SOLVED]DMC default email address for E-Mail On Failure
Is it possible to set a default email address for E-Mail On Failure in DMC for new flows?
We are on 8.2. DMC version 8203M
Martin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martin vK,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
August 29, 2019, 10:01 AM
Clif
Yes. You can provide a list of e-mail addresses which could be a list of one.

First you need to write a procedure that returns an answer set with an e-Mail address. For example if you create a synonym for a table or file called "addresses" that has a field called "address" that contains an e-mail address then you could use:

TABLE FILE ADDRESSES 
PRINT ADDRESS
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT COMT FORMATTED 
END  

On the Properties Panel under "E-Mail on Failure" check the Advanced button. Click on "Mail to addresses defined in procedure" and select it.

N/A
August 29, 2019, 11:00 AM
Martin vK
Hi Cliff,
I think you misunderstood my question. My request was not for a email list.
My question was when I create new flow it automatically contains a default email address for Email on Failure.
Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
August 30, 2019, 01:36 PM
Marina
Martin,
DataMigrator User's Guide has "Reference: Scheduler Configuration Dialog Box" which describes how you can set the E-Mail Notification on a server level. Please refer to that section in the manual to see the description of the Scheduler Configuration dialog box. Note: please ensure the password is set on the related user's properties - User ID properties screen.
For example, if you wan to get emails on a start of all flows that Submitted or Scheduled on your server, then you can select the checkbox next to "On Start" parameter and enter the email addresses for the sched_email_address parameter.
This server level setting applies to all flows that don’t explicitly set the email options on the flow levels.

Marina
August 30, 2019, 02:06 PM
Martin vK
Thanks Marina, I found it and this is indeed what I was looking for.
Martin.