Focal Point
[CLOSED] Migrate drill-through database to new server

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7767086096

August 14, 2018, 12:58 PM
CanMan
[CLOSED] Migrate drill-through database to new server
I need to migrate the database used for DQS drill-through data to a new server. Does anyone know how to do this so that the existing profiles will be able to display the existing drill-through data? I am trying to avoid rerunning all of the plans (hundreds) to recreate the drill-through data. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

iWay Service Manager 7.07
iWay Data Quality Server
August 20, 2018, 09:21 AM
vinodh
were you not able to move your data manually and point the configuration file to the new server?

can you add more info to it for us to help.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 20, 2018, 10:37 AM
CanMan
All of the data was manually migrated to the new server but the profile output still points to the old server. The profile output file is not text or XML and there is no configuration file other than the plan file which creates the drill-through data. Of course, changing the plan means rerunning it and recreating the drill-through, which is what I ended up doing.

I cannot find any documentation on maintaining the drill-through database used by DQS. So there was no guidance on changed the DB server. The database we setup for DQS grew to hundreds of GB with lots of tables and no easy way to find out which could be deleted because the plan/profile no longer exists. I ended up dropping all of the tables and reran the plans to recreate the data. So I took care of the bloat at the same time.

iWay Service Manager 7.07
iWay Data Quality Server
August 28, 2018, 01:13 PM
vinodh
seems like you have gone through a lot of hard work. post us if you find any easy way. i will do if i find any. tc.
quote:
Originally posted by CanMan:
All of the data was manually migrated to the new server but the profile output still points to the old server. The profile output file is not text or XML and there is no configuration file other than the plan file which creates the drill-through data. Of course, changing the plan means rerunning it and recreating the drill-through, which is what I ended up doing.

I cannot find any documentation on maintaining the drill-through database used by DQS. So there was no guidance on changed the DB server. The database we setup for DQS grew to hundreds of GB with lots of tables and no easy way to find out which could be deleted because the plan/profile no longer exists. I ended up dropping all of the tables and reran the plans to recreate the data. So I took care of the bloat at the same time.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 31, 2018, 03:30 PM
FP Mod Chuck
CanMan

If you have not found a solution to this please open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats