Focal Point
Updating data in ETL

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/7821038472

March 06, 2008, 11:57 AM
F-One
Updating data in ETL
I am new to Data Migrator Tool. In load option, for the target properties of the load I have selected update the existing record if record exists with Load Type 'Key Matching Logic'.

IT IS NOT UPDATING THE EXISTING RECORD.

My understanding for 'if the record exists' option is that if you select ‘Update the existing record’ with Load Type 'Key Matching Logic', it should update remaining fields in the record besides primary key(s).

Any help would be appreciated.

WebFOCUS 7
Linux
Output: pdf, excel, and html
March 07, 2008, 08:55 AM
Jessica Bottone
Several questions first.... Did you check the ETL log to see if there were any errors? You should see some statistics in the ETL log on number of records read in, updated, rejected, etc. What does that say? Did you do a check on your target transforms to see if they give the results you expected? Did you do a check on the SQL to see if it gives the results you expected?

Note: you are correct on your understanding of 'update the existing record' with 'key matching logic'.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows
March 07, 2008, 10:40 AM
Clif
One more question, what's the data type of the key column(s) in the synonym (ACTUAL, USAGE) and in the database?

N/A