Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at myibi@ibi.com and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.

Connect to myibi
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Use of 'matches' function

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Use of 'matches' function
 Login/Join

posted
I am attempted to set a variable via an Alter Format where a data column matches specific format (in this particular case, a 9 digit zip code where the first 5 characters are digits, then a hyphen, then four digits).

I am not getting the match I expect using this code, please advise:

CASE (
( Length( the_column ) = 10 ) AND ( matches( '\d\d\d\d-\d\d\d\d\d', the_column)),
'is_9digit_USzipcode',

'is_not_9digit_USzipcode'
)

Thank you-
-Kurt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the REGEX function.

REGEX documentation

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster