Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    DQC need help with date comparasion
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

DQC need help with date comparasion
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I need to determine if my incoming date is between to dates in my table.(these are all DateTime format) I tried this I got semantic error.
InDate >= Date1 and InDate <= Date2

What can I use to test these dates. I have gone the help and found nothing so far.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Posts: 55 | Location: USA | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Assuming this is with FOCUS code, then:

WHERE InDate GE Date1 and InDate LE Date2

or

WHERE InDate FROM Date1 TO Date2

What are Date1 and Date 2, are they amper variables ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.06OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Know The Code

Posts: 6131 | Location: 33.8688° S, 151.2093° E | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Brenda, DQC engine works using JAVA. Date comparisson can be done converting from dates to miliseconds, or to string with format yyyy-MM-dd.

Hope it helps.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post