Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] How to rename the filefeed name in Datamigrator

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to rename the filefeed name in Datamigrator
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone help/guide on how to change the filefeed name

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8002, Developer Studio,Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Guru
posted Hide Post
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "filefeed?"

If it's the source synonym in a flow you can right click on it and select change source.

If it's the DATASET name in a synonym you can edit or paramaterize it there.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Filefeed i mean the one where my data is .

In my case I have data in an excel file named 'dataset' and with that i create my synonym

When i get new set of data or if i have to point to another dataset named 'dataset2'

how do i do this?

WebFOCUS 8002, Developer Studio,Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Guru
posted Hide Post
There are two adapters for reading Excel data, Excel (via ODBC) and Excel (via direct retreival). I'm going to guess that you are using the latter.

Open the synoynm in the synonym editor, right click on its name and select properties. There you will see under General an attibute called DATASET that should have the location and name of your workbook.

If this is a one time change you can change the name to another workbook that has the same layout and save the synonym.

If you want to change the workbook dynamically you can right click on DATASET and select Paramertize value. That will replace the value with a global variable name. Save the synonym

Open your data flow and click on the process flow tab. Add a Set variables object between Start and Data Flow and connect it. Now you can set the value for the variable as needed.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post