Focal Point
How to carry forward an input document in Pflow?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8121044682

June 03, 2008, 06:14 PM
ESky
How to carry forward an input document in Pflow?
Hi All,

I am creating a pflow. Basically I want to access the original input document from Start object in all paths within the pflow.

I tried Join Object connecting from Start Object to the point I need the input document. It doesn't work on optional path because it's always waiting for another input document which doesn't happen sometimes.

I am not sure what's the best approach to carry forward an input documet and make it globally accessable?

Thanks,
Dennis

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core
June 04, 2008, 07:27 AM
AdeH
Hi Dennis,
One technique is to store the original document using an XDSREGAgent in a service object immediately after the start object. Set an SREG to "_flatof()". This SREG value can be reintroduced later in the flow using an XDConstantAgent service object.

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux
June 04, 2008, 09:47 AM
Ganesh Iyer
Two ways I can think of -
1. write the document out to a file dir using a file object at the start of the flow. Subsequently use the File object to read the document back in the respective branches
2. Try using the Junction object instead of the join. Excerpt from the user guide -
A Junction object joins two or more paths of execution into a single path. It does not join
documents that travel along the path. For example, if you have five distinct paths that run to a certain point and then all paths execute the same logic, use the Junction object to consolidate the flow at the point of common execution.

iWay 55 SM SP2
June 04, 2008, 02:18 PM
ESky
Thanks guys for your response. will try them.

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core