Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    DM Schedule Logs Stuck in DFM_DIR

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
DM Schedule Logs Stuck in DFM_DIR
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We have recently installed and started working with DM (7.6.8) and one thing that I started noticing when moving data flows to our production server was that the schedule logs are empty. I was able to see the target database files getting loaded daily so I knew the scheduled data flows were running. Looked around on the server and saw that the logs were sitting out in the DFM_DIR directory which I understand is a temp directory where these write to prior to being written to the log file. It seems that these are not performing that final step and get stuck in this directory. This is working correctly on our development/test server so I am leaning towards a setup issue but haven't come across any setting that may be responsible for this. Can anyone offer suggestions fpr things I may want to look at to resolve this? I did try deleting the files in DFM_DIR but the next scheduled run again just left the files here and never wrote to the log. The servers are running LINUX.

Thanks,
BobC

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Bob,

The files you are seeing inside of 'dfm_dir' directory (.rpf, .rqd, .rsp, etc.) are the deferred files that are being stored in this directory for further processing.
An actual ETL log and statistics files are located in /dm/catalog directory and are called: etllog.foc and etlstats.foc.
Please run the DataMigrator's Utility 'Create Log and Statistics' on that Linux server; the log and statistics files will appear in the /dm/catalog directory then.

Thanks,
Marina

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I can see the log files in the /dm/catalog directory but nothing is getting written to these files. I can definately confirm that the process flows are running daily and these flows appear in the DM scheduled events but nothing appears when I view the Scheduler Log. Is there something within the flow itself that has to be set to log this information?

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
There is nothing you should do within the flow(s) itself.
What is the size of etllog.foc that you see? If it's bigger than 1 GB, then perhaps you better change the format in the etllog.mas from SUFFIX=FOCUS to SUFFIX=XFOCUS and then run 'recreate log and statistics' utility. Please remember that if you do this, you need to assure nothing (requests) is running on the server at this time. The XFOCUS format allows an optimized processing and larger capacity than FOCUS.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I made these changes and this morning can see all the scheduled flows appearing in the scheduler log report. I appreciate the help.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
All output formats