Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] Salesforce adapter configuration issue - htconnect failed: 3 on Windows

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Salesforce adapter configuration issue - htconnect failed: 3 on Windows
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello All,

I'm trying to configure Salesforce adpter in the new DM version () but getting the below error.

(FOC45435) Salesforce Request: htConnect failed : 3
(FOC45409) Error processing the request.
(FOC45408) Error logging into salesforce.com for user : XXXX@XXXX.com

I verified login credentials from IE connecting to "test.salesforce.com" and was successful. I used Password+token as mentioned in the documentation. Not sure what's going wrong.

Any advice or directions to resolve this is much appreciated.

DM Version: 8.1M 32 bit
Adapter: salesforce.com
Salesforce URL: https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/37.0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Salesforce.com is discontinuing support for TLS 1.0 as described inSalesforce disabling TLS 1.0.

Since you have confirmed that your user id and password+token are correct it's likely this is the issue.

Since you are connecting to a test org you have in effect done the test "How do I test the compatibility of an API (inbound) integration to Salesforce?" which shows that TLS 1.1 or 1.2 is not enabled on your system.

Please check what gen of Release 8.1M you are running and apply maintenance so that you
running Release 8.1M Gen 899 or later.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cliff,

Thank you. I'm also trying to use IWAF salesforce adapter but getting "Connect timed out".

I suspect it is with the proxy or firewall of my organization.

1. Could you help tell me which ports should be opened for handling this? (We opened 443, 80 alredy)

2. When I try out of work domain, I noticed that create synonym is taking forever and in the background it is running "adothrsc" procedure, specifically TABLE command.
I can confirm the login is successful as I can notice in the salesforce login history, but unable to create synonym as it is taking forever with the dailogue box.

Appreciate your help.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Using the IWAF adapter you only need an open inbound port for capturing sfdc events and those are the defaults for http and https as described in section "Capturing a Salesforce Event" in the WebFOCUS manual IWAF Adapter for Salesforce.

If you require further assistance with the IWAF adapter please open a hottrack case.

For any other usage I would strongly recommend using the query adapter.

N/A

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cliff.

We will be using Query adapter after upgrading to the latest release.

you mentioned for IWAF, HTTP/HTTPS ports are to be opened. Does this apply same for Query adapter also? Or any other's to tbe opened.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Opening inbound ports are only required when using the IWAF adapter to capture a salesforce EVENT as documented in the manual linked above.

N/A