Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    mainframe connection using iWay connector

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
mainframe connection using iWay connector
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
over the years we have been using EDAODBC for accessing our mainframe through VB applications, using EDA Client version 3.2.5 (which was originally designed for Windows 3.x operating systems)

when we encountered some problems with data retrieval the diagnosis was that it might be related to us using an outdated version, but since this version is no longer supported by IB nothing more could be done about it

however, we are in the process of migrating our hub from 4.3 to 5.3 and i have been told that the 3.2.5 version of EDA Client will no longer work when the migration is complete and the 4.3 hub has been removed

as a result of this the local IB team sent us a CD containing "iWay Connector for Windows 98,2000,NT,ME,and UNIX Version 5 Release 1"

i managed to install this no problem, but then had no instructions on how to set up the connection

the code currently used for recognising the server is located in C:\EDA\shared\EDALINK.CFG, the only live bit being the one concerning EDAPNHUB (IP address blanked out) :

;***********************************************************************
; EDA/Client Configuration File	
; Generated by Installation on 6-16-2005 at 11:11:20

NAME                   = EDACLIENT

;**********************************************************************
; Protocol block for MQSeries Message Queues
;PROTOCOL              = MQIS
;BEGIN
;  QUEUE MANAGER       = EDA
;END

; OUTBOUND Communications Resource Definitions

;NODE                  = NETSERVE
;BEGIN
;  PROTOCOL            = NETBIOS
;  CLASS               = CLIENT
;  LOCAL NAME          = edalocal
;  REMOTE NAME         = edaremote
;  SEND TIMEOUT        = 0
;  RECEIVE TIMEOUT     = 0
;END

;NODE                  = SPXSERVE
;BEGIN
;  PROTOCOL            = SPX
;  NAME                = eda
;  BLOCK SIZE          = 534
;END

;NODE                   = TCPSERVE
;BEGIN
;  PROTOCOL             = TCP
;  CLASS                = CLIENT
;  HOST                 = eda
;  SERVICE              = eda
;END

;NODE                  = LU6SERVE
;BEGIN
;  PROTOCOL            = LU62
;  LOCAL LU NAME       = eda
;  PARTNER LU NAME     = eda
;  TP NAME             = eda
;  MODE NAME           = eda
;END

;NODE                  = LU2SERVE
;BEGIN
;  PROTOCOL            = LU2
;  SHORTNAME           = eda
;  VENDOR              = eda
;  DLLNAME             = eda
;  SERVER VERSION      = eda
;END

NODE                   = EDAPNHUB
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL             = TCP
  CLASS                = CLIENT
  HOST     	       = xx.xx.xx.xxx
  SERVICE              = 8400
END

; Nodes for Asynchronous Clients 
;
; Each node identifies an asynchronous client
; to which EDA/API client applications running on the
; EDA/Message Hub workstation can connect.
;
; There must be one Asynchronous Client node 
; definition for each Synchronous Partner node
; defined below.
;NODE                 = ASYNCSV1
;BEGIN
;   PROTOCOL          = MQIS
;   CLASS             = ASYNC(EDASERVE)
;   LOCALQ            = EDA.CLIENT
;   REMOTEQ           = MSGSRV.SERVER1
;   TRACE             = 23
;END

anyone out there with some suggestions on setting up a connection using iWay5.1 ?

WebFocus 7.6.5 - Windows XP - admin of http://thescienceforum.org/ and Philosophorum

Posts: 30 | Location: Port Talbot | Registered: November 09, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi marnixR,

Here are the steps to get to the client configurator:

From the Start menu, select Programs, iWay Software, iWay Connectors 5.1, iWay Connector, and Configurator.

The node block syntax has not changed from the 43 to the 51.

Hope it helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply, kerry

will try it out and let you know how it went

WebFocus 7.6.5 - Windows XP - admin of http://thescienceforum.org/ and Philosophorum

Posts: 30 | Location: Port Talbot | Registered: November 09, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
i wonder whether i've received the correct disk : i can't find "iWay Software" under "Programs", only "EDA Client 51", and no option to configure the connector

the disk i've received is called "iWay51 EDA Client" where i ran setup.exe from the main directory - there doesn't seem to be an obvious alternative for defining connectors

does this sound like i got the wrong disk, or am i missing something ?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi marnixR,

I am not very sure what is on the CD.

If the server is being upgraded to 5.3 then the client should also be 5.3. This is available for download from the TechSupport site under downloads. You will need to have an InfoResponse username/password to access the downloads.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
thanks

will pass this info on to a business analyst, see if he can sort things out