Focal Point
[CLOSED] Error in Fex Code

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8477002396

April 22, 2020, 11:01 PM
AJillu
[CLOSED] Error in Fex Code
Hi,
I am new to Iway/Webfocus toolset.

I am trying to convert a SQL Stored procedure to data flows.

I read on this forum that creating FEX/FOCUS procedures is much better to handle the scenarios.

I created a sample FEX to convert a stored procedure. but its giving me errors, i know i make an error when converting to fex, but not sure how to proceed further.

DEFINE FILE LOB_SEG
YEAR_MONTH_TXT/A11 = EDIT(LOB_SEG.YEAR_MONTH,'99999999999'); -- YEAR_MONTH = 202003
YEAR_TXT/A4 = SUBSTR(11,YEAR_MONTH_TXT,6,9,4,'A4'); --YEAR_TXT = 2020
MONTH_TXT/A2 = SUBSTR(11,YEAR_TXT,10,11,2,'A2' ); --MONTH_TXT =03
DATE_TXT/A10V=YEAR_TXT|'/'|MONTH_TXT|'/'|'01'; --DATE_TXT = 2020/03/01
CURRENT_DATE/YYMD =HDATE(DATE_TXT,'YYMD'); -- CURRENT_DATE = 2020/03/01 (DATE fORMAT)
END

TABLE FILE LOB_SEG
PRINT
YEAR_TXT
MONTH_TXT
PREVIOUS_DATE
CURRENTDATE
LOB_SEG.SEG_ID
SUM
COMPUTE SEG_ID/I6= COUNT(LOB_SEG.SEG_ID)
WHERE CURRENT_DATE = MAX(CURRENT_DATE)
END

Purpose of this code is to get the max year_month or max_date and total number of records for that month.

It will be great if some one can help me to fix the above code.

Thanks,
Anisha.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Data Migrator 8206
April 23, 2020, 10:11 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Ajillu

First of all welcome to Focal Point! It is a great place to get answers to your development questions.

I am assuming you created the LOB_SEG master file description against the stored procedure... What error or what is the issue you are having with the code provided?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
April 27, 2020, 09:27 AM
kccharlie
there are a couple issues in your code - you have 2 verbs (PRINT, SUM) but the rules for multi-verb requests require that PRINT be the last verb in the request if present. Also, the WHERE statement in WebFOCUS does not use actual operators; try substituting 'EQ' for the '='

WF 8201M/8206, Linux & Windows