Focal Point
Data flow crashing with a communication error (ICM18822).

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8617074406

May 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
TomG
Data flow crashing with a communication error (ICM18822).
Hi,

Question for the greater audience. We have a process that crashed this morning with an an error code of ICM18822 (communication error). Looking
at the logs yielded no additional information on the error and a search in the support forum produced a dozen or so explanations - all of which seem
unrelated to each other and unrelated to the error we encountered.

The above mentioned error has only occurred a couple of times in the past (last one being approximately 2 months ago) for this process that runs
every night. Also, when the process flow is re-run, the error is occurring in the same data flow which is one of many data flows being run by
the calling process flow.

With the above in mind, has anyone encountered a similar kind of problem? And if so, what did you do to resolve the issue? Also, would it be
plausible that a work file that is too big for the data flow to work with be a reason for the error?

Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel
May 26, 2011, 03:09 PM
TomG
An update on the error reported by me on this posting.

A change was made to allow for a smaller work file to be processed by the data flow that was having the error and doing so
addressed the problem.

If anyone has any additional comments on this, please feel free to do post them in order to help myself and others better
understand the reported problem.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel
May 26, 2011, 03:48 PM
sarma_433
We have faced communication error issue in the following cases

- ETLLOG is full
- No. of Crashed agents exceeds certain limit
- Problem with transformations

try to look into the traces to see at what point you are getting this error.
May 27, 2011, 07:26 AM
TomG
Hi Sarma,

Thank you for your prompt response. I will take a look at the traces should this error surface again. We do
check the size of the log files and the deferred jobs directory (among other things) when problems surface
within DM and thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Tom

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel