Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Connection issues when running a data flow.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Connection issues when running a data flow.
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I have been encountering problems with the some data flows erroring out due to connection problems between the
application and the data base servers. I am not sure if there is a setting within the DMC tool that needs to
be set to address this problem.

Listed below is some information about this problem.

-> The data flow is pretty straightforward. It reads a table from the i-series and writes out to a flat file.

-> During peak times on the i-series box that is the data source, the data flow will always get this error. During
less busy times the problem occurs less frequently.

-> The DMC tool resides on a Linux box and the data resides on an i-series.

-> The jdbc driver used to access the i-series box is com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.

-> Java classes were written to access the same tables as the data flows do using the same jdbc driver and there were
no errors thrown. With this in mind, I am leaning towards there being a setting that needs to be changed.

-> I am on version 7.6.8 of the DMC.

-> Below is a section of the server log for the failed test run. As you will see, the process times out pretty quickly.

DEP_9: procedure detaildemand_processreservations_test started.
Request - detaildemand_processreservations_test (Owner: wfadmin) submitted.
synonyms_flatfiles/dwrsvdimpf_flatfile type Flat File New target
Issuing PREPARE
Request will process data via NON-Pass Through (NON-APT)
HOLD file will be created for output file named: SQLIN.
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -99999 (HEX: FFFE7961) XOPEN: 08S01
: (-99999) [08S01] Communication link failure. (Read timed out)
(FOC1407) SQL FETCH CURSOR ERROR. : DWRSVDIMPF
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 3300 LINES= 3300
Return Code = 1407
Request: detaildemand_processreservations_test - finished processing
CPU Time : 70
DEP_9 detaildemand_processreservations_test Return Code = 1407
DEP_13: procedure detaildemand_processrequests_test started.
Request - detaildemand_processrequests_test (Owner: wfadmin) submitted.
synonyms_flatfiles/dwrqsdimpf_flatfile type Flat File New target
Issuing PREPARE
Request will process data via NON-Pass Through (NON-APT)
HOLD file will be created for output file named: SQLIN.
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -99999 (HEX: FFFE7961) XOPEN: 08003
: (-99999) [08003] The connection does not exist.
(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : DWRQSDIMPF
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0
Return Code = 18708
Request: detaildemand_processrequests_test - finished processing
CPU Time : 10
DEP_13 detaildemand_processrequests_test Return Code = 18708
Output retrieved
Elapsed run time 0:00:40

If you need more information on the above mentioned, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

What database are you going against for the source data that they believe there is a performance problem with? Is it MySQL? More information may be of help to better understand the problem.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

Sorry for the late response to your question - I have not been on the bulletin
board lately.

The database being accessed is a DB2 database that resides on an i-series box. Also,
we are using the generic jdbc driver and not the jdbc driver for db2.

As an fyi, the error seems to surface when there is a heavy usage taking place on
the i-series. When the activity level tapers off during the day, the process flow
runs without any issue. It looks like the request to get the data from the i-series
gets deprived of the resources it needs for the request and as a result the connection
error gets thrown.

Thanks in advance for any information you can proive on this.

Tom

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

We do not support access to DB2 with the JDBC Adapter. It is not sure if it will make a difference here, but you may want to try using the DB2 adapter and retest. This sounds like some resource issues outside of our product, so the recommendation would be to consult with your system people.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

A ticket was just opened up for this. Thanks
for your help on this.

Tom

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. When you hear some info from the case, would you please post it later? Many thanks for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator