Focal Point
Email Listener with Attachment

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8641099612

March 07, 2007, 06:13 PM
TexasStingray
Email Listener with Attachment
Has anyone configured the an iAD Email Listener with the Attachment

com.ibi.agents.XDMailAttachAgent

I am looking for Step by Step help as I have not been able to get this working iWay 5.5SP5

I have and email comming in that has an attachment and that attachment is the data I need to process. I have the email listener working but am having some trouble with the AttachAgent

Thanks

Scott

So when you receive the mail, the proces should save the attachment and then that attechment will be processed against the database?

Never knew that would be a possibility.
I will search in the descriptions how that can be done, I need this too and was thinking on some vba scripting against the mailserver.

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Frank,

I got it working. Using iWay Adapter Manager new name iWay Service Manager.

Here is what I am doing; using WebFOCUS Dashboard the user, in this case a product buyer, after logging in may be presented with an alert that tells them that a one or more of the products they are responable for buying is low. Then using WebFOCUS and an Excel Template the user is presented with a Report in Excel and then they can enter the Qty (number of items they want) to order for each product, then when ready they click the place order button on the excel worksheet, then using VBA the file is saved as a CSV file and emailed as an attachment to an email address iAM is pooling for email. Then iAM / Service Manager then extracts the attachment and process it using JDBC and Supplier WebServices to place an Order. An email message is then sent to the buyer, and because the Product_Orders table has been updated the alert in the dashboard disappears until product levels get low again.

VERY VERY Cool.

Scott

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm looking to achieve similar process here. I have an attachment via email. I'm trying to get the email listener working. Do you know where can I find documentation on how to setup email listener? Much appreciated on your help!

Shirley Huang
WF 7.7.04M MRE BID DevStudio
WIN2003, SQL Server 2000/DB2
HTML/PDF/EXL2k/AHTML
iSM 6.16