Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] Iway Error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8727001376

October 15, 2014, 11:10 AM
Yazster
[CASE OPENED] Iway Error
Hi Everyone,

This morning we had the following error appear multiple times in succession:
10/15/2014 04:29:53.781 E error: failed to create C:\ibi\srv80\dm\dfm_dir\20141015030308_e55a3489.rsp

According to our ETL jobs, everything ran fine.

Any ideas as to what this error means?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.201M
Windows, Linux, All Outputs
October 20, 2014, 11:00 AM
Tamra
Hi Yazster,

I am following up with you regarding your error message - Iway Error.

Have you found a resolution yet? Since there has been no responses can you please provide a bit more information as to what the process is when the error occurs. Could it be a permissions related issue? What has changed in your environment since the last time this ran?

Providing a bit more information will help with assisting you to find a resolution.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
October 21, 2014, 09:20 AM
Yazster
Hi Tamra,

Thanks for the reply.

A case has been opened with IBI for this and is currently being researched. I have uploaded the requested savediags and will hopefully have an answer soon. We have consultants on-site assisting as well.

Was just hoping this error was a known issue and a quick reply Smiler

Thanks,
Yazster

WebFOCUS 8.201M
October 22, 2014, 01:54 PM
Tamra
Yazster,

Thank you for your reply.

The error you received was passed by a DM in my branch and she had not seen it before.
On our IBI website there were various reasons for E err: fail... so it seemed opening a case would be the best idea. Plus, you can upload traces etc. as you did.

Once you receive your resolution can you please share with the forum so that others
will benefit as well.

Thank you for starting with Focal Point though a lot of times we do get quick results.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
October 22, 2014, 04:25 PM
Yazster
Hi Tamra,

Thanks for the reply.

When I get some kind of resolution on this I will definitely share with the forum.

Thanks for your help! Smiler
Yazster

WebFOCUS 8.201M