Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [WORKED AROUNDED] Data Migrator Using Temporary FOCUS File, Running Out of 2Gig Limit
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[WORKED AROUNDED] Data Migrator Using Temporary FOCUS File, Running Out of 2Gig Limit
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a Data Migrator process that's running one main table connected to a bunch of lookup tables (nine or ten). When I ask it to give me back a 50 record sample of the selection the agent creates a temporary Focus file in C:\ibi\srv77\dm\edatemp\ts000xxx, fills it with 2Gigs of something, and then crashes. This is 7.7.03.

This is WAY more data than I'm asking for and it doesn't make sense. I have other migrator runs that work with more data and they dump material into a temp file that doesn't run into the 2Gig limit. Can anyone tell me what I've done to kick this thing into FOCUS file mode and is there at least a way I can get it to use XFOCUS instead?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

Posts: 916 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Well, since nobody reads or replies to things in the I-Way forum I'll tell you what I did.

I coded it in FOCUS. Worked like dream. FOCUS uses an ftm for temporary storage which solved my problem.

J.

Posts: 916 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I suppose the question here is how were you getting your 50 record sample ?

Was it with RECORDLIMIT, READLIMIT or other filters.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.05OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Know The Code

Posts: 6072 | Location: Land of the Darug people, Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It's a setting in Data Migrator.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ah, so only data Migrator knows....

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.05OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Know The Code

Posts: 6072 | Location: Land of the Darug people, Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post