Focal Point
Data Quality Center-question on multiplicator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8887053816

March 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Brenda Wilkerson
Data Quality Center-question on multiplicator
I have a plan that needs to process several like components. I am using the multiplicator and when I add 3 components it works fine, when I add the 4th component I get the following:
(Error in component. [Component(../comp/CleanseInsClassDimID.comp)]
Error in component. [Component(../comp/CleanseInsClassDimID.comp)]
File C:\Data Quality Center with SVN\Workspace_Chris\DQM DEV\data\out\test\out ins_class_dim nulls.txt must not be multiplicatively accessed in writing mode. [out ins_class_dim nulls(Text File Writer, offending property path=/fileName)]
Error in component. [Component 2(../comp/CleanseRatClassDimID.comp)]
File C:\Data Quality Center with SVN\Workspace_Chris\DQM DEV\data\out\test\out ins_class_dim nulls.txt must not be multiplicatively accessed in writing mode. [out rat_class_dim nulls(Text File Writer, offending property path=/fileName)]
New to DQC so any help is greatly appreciated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brenda Wilkerson,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7
March 30, 2012, 12:57 PM
AK
It looks like you are writing to the same file "out ins_class_dim nulls.txt" from CleanseInsClassDimID.comp and CleanseRatClassDimID.comp. The incoming record to the multiplicator step is spawning separate threads to execute the components and all these components are trying to write to the same file at the same time and you are getting file contention error. Try giving a different file name in the Text File Writer Step in each of the components and this error will go away.

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server
March 31, 2012, 12:43 PM
Gee68
I am having the same issue, what tool should be used to move txt files.

WebFOCUS 8.1
Windows, Data migrator, ISM, DQC,All Outputs
April 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
Brenda Wilkerson
I ended up creating a paramameterized component which I can call multiple times and change the name of the file being written to.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7