Focal Point
Help regarding iway tools..

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/8921078331

June 24, 2005, 05:53 AM
<hansi>
Help regarding iway tools..
I am trying to evaluate the iway adapter for SAP. Currently , I have downloaded the iway suite for the SUN application server. Once i installed the adapters, I was able to view the application explorer. I had read that the suite comes with an Adapter designer , adapter transformer and adapter console, but could not find these in the documentation. Could you please let me know if i am missing some information..
June 24, 2005, 02:32 PM
<DocServices>
Hi Hansel,

The Sun package does not come with Adapter Designer, Adapter Transformer, or Adapter Manager (what you refer to as the console)�only the iWay install comes with those other tools. The Sun package, or any OEM package for that matter, comes only with those tools that can be deployed to third-party servers. You need to download the iWay 55 install (iway55.exe), not the Sun package (iwsun.win32.exe for Windows).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn
June 28, 2005, 06:26 AM
<hansi>
I am trying to run the iWay JCA adapter in non managed mode - I took the same code as given in the sample examples in one of the documents. I am trying to connect to SAP -

When i specify the config as "test", adapter name as "SAP", the code fails when it tries to get the connection.
At runtime , it throws an exception that "Configuration 'test' not available for adapter 'SAP'"

Any idea what should be the value of "config"?
I could not find any documentation for this, please let me know if you have any idea.