I would like to format the output of a DM flow.
The flow I am working on reads a relational table (Source) and then writes to a flat file (Target).
Specifically, I would like to change the following default behaviour.
1.I would like to use a '|' as a separator instead of a comma (in COMT).
2. In COMT target files, the text fields are wrapped in double quotes. I would like to either
wrap all fields in double quotes, or do not wrap any fields in double quotes.
3. Is there a way to insert a standard (header) row in a specific flow. I.e. I need a header record to say 'HEADER ROW' the target flat file.
The idea is to do as much as above in the GUI -
Any help would be appreciated,
I am using Data Migrator version 768 on Windows Server 2003.
You can accomplish 2 out of the 3 items you've requested when using a Delimited Flat file as your target within a DataMigrator Flow. From within your Flow, open the target's properties and you will find that you can:
1) To customize the delimiter. In my testing I
was able to specify various characters and
this worked just fine in the output file.
2) You can specify what the enclosure character
should be as well. You can leave it blank if
you do not wish to enclose the data in
3) This item can not be customized. While there
is a HEADER option, the documentation states
that the HEADER option will insert the
column nams as the heading on the first row
of data; the column names are surrounded by
the character specified in the Enclosure
field. This HEADER is not customizable.
Information Builders Inc.
One item I forgot to mention, the above information can be found in the DataMigrator Users Guide. Chapter 5, in the section titled: Specifying Data Target Options. Within that section there is a reference section for Delimited Flat File Targets.
Information Builders Inc
|Powered by Social Strata|