Focal Point
iWay Service Manager - Email object

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/91010476

April 01, 2009, 06:17 PM
ESky
iWay Service Manager - Email object
Hi All,

I created an Email object in iWay Designer. One of the property of the email object is "Attachment Tag". Does anyone know what its value should be? I want to attach a file to the email. I have tried putting in the full path of the attachment file, but doesn't work.

Does anybody have answer?

Thanks,
D

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core
April 07, 2009, 04:22 PM
Clinton Side-Kick
D,
That was a good question. I attempted a couple of variations and all I could achieve was to get an email send with content text in the body. No attachments.
Has anyone else used this object before?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
April 08, 2009, 05:21 AM
AdeH
Hi,
I'm trying to find an email server that I can use to check this out...
Having looked at the manual, it seems as simple as: set the property "Add as attachment" to True, and put something in the "Document attachment name" field? I assume you're not seeing thses results?

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux
April 14, 2009, 06:24 AM
AdeH
OK, I've given this a try now, and it seems to work just fine!
If you want to add the input document to the email as an attachment, then set "Add As Attachment" to True, and populate the "Document Attachment Name" field with something e.g. MyAttachment.txt.
If your input doc isn't what you want attached, they you could use an XDConstant agent to change the document passed to the email node.

April 14, 2009, 06:45 AM
AdeH
I have just created an email with an attachment of a file off the server by doing this:
Set an XML tag in your incoming document to something like :
 <filepath>C:/files/file.txt</filepath> 

In the email node, set the "Attachment Tag" field to the tag name in the incoming doc that holds the path to your attachment file, in my case : "filepath" (but without the quotes). Make sure "Add As Attachment" is False, and "Document Attachment Name" seems to be ignored - attachment will be called same as file name, in my case "file.txt".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AdeH,

April 15, 2009, 06:11 PM
ESky
thanks, folks.

Yes, I have tried AdeH's solution which is including a node with the path to the attachment file. It did work.

Let's go further. If I do want to include input document as the body of the email and at the same time attach a file, but I don't want to include a xml node with the attachment file into the input document.

What I have tried the following, it didn't work.

Put the body xml into variable - mydocument with XDRegAgent and set the input document of email object to be the attachment. So I set "Add As Attachmemt" to be true and give "Dcoument Attachment name". In the "Content of body" as set it to be "SREG(mydocment)"

Any thoughts?

D

iWay adapter manager
SAP Adapter
Web Services
SAP BASIS, Java Core
April 16, 2009, 05:28 AM
AdeH
Hi ESky,
This seems pretty simple to do, I've just done it, so will explain:
I had an input doc that looked a bit like this:

<a>
	[b]C:\files\file.txt[/b]
	<c>Hello,
		I am the body part of this email, 

Lots of love from
		iWay
	</c>
</a> 

and set the Email node up like this:
Content = XPATH(/a/c)
Attachment Tag = b
Add As Attachment = false

And I get an email with the body set to
"
Hello,
I am the body part of this email,

Lots of love from
iWay
"

And the file C:\files\file.txt attached to the email Cool

Now I wonder what happens if there's more than one XML node called "b" in the document? Confused

June 17, 2009, 10:44 AM
thenmozhi
hi,

Email object used in process flow is used to send custom message or to attach any one file types like acx,dat,ftm,mas,pdf,txt to the mail id...

this file types should be present in the same application directories where the process flow is present...

example : i am going to attach text file (process.txt) which is in the same path where process flow (process_email) is there...

my process flow and my text file are in this path E:\ibi\apps\wfdqc...

in the email object properties give mail_id, subject, select attach file check box and in the file name give (process) and select txt as the extension...

and now run the process flow and check mail...

thanks

thenmozhi...