Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Trapping Process Flow Errors

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Trapping Process Flow Errors
 Login/Join

<pharris>
posted
The process flow I am currently working on executes an oracle sql statement, generates 3 seperate files from it then returns to the calling process. It will be published as a web service so it will have both a beginning and ending schema. The issue at hand is I need to trap and act on any errors generated in the pflow since the calling process needs to have a go-nogo status. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Report This Post
<pharris>
posted
So I figured out that the relationship can be changed to on error or on failure (basic stuff I know), but I am at a quandry on who to update the schema of the end object with an updated status and error message

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Is it the act of creating an error document for output that you're stumped on?
If so, try using a constant agent:
Drag a service object down, choose the "Class Name" of "XDConstantAgent". In the "Constant Output For Emit" you can put what you like, hard coded XML, an SREG value, whatever. This value will be passed on as the output document to the next object, which may be your "End" object.

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux

Posts: 59 | Location: Birmingham, Blighty | Registered: October 30, 2007Report This Post
<pharris>
posted
Ok, but I'm not clear on how to get that value into the schema of the end object

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried it, so can only assume - but isn't that document (the one that's sent to the end object) the one that is sent as a reply to the calling process?
I'd be interested to know if it's not...

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux

Posts: 59 | Location: Birmingham, Blighty | Registered: October 30, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Any success yet?
AdeH had a good point.
We use the exact method to code the output schema XML using the _CONCAT function to piece everything together and then get the value in by referencing the SREG that contains the value (previously set after retrieval from the Adapter).
You could use a Decision Test to determine what value you set your SREG to.

Sample code:
_CONCAT('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><ROOT_NODE xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<PARENT_ATTRIB>',SREG(newValue, default_value),'</PARENT_ATTRIB></ROOT_NODE>','')  

Where the output schema is represented inside the _CONCAT function. Note that SREG(newValue, default_value) retrieves the value of the Special Register named newValue. This SREG would previously been set based on the outcome from a Decision Test etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Clinton Side-Kick,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991

Posts: 104 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post