Focal Point
ISERIES - DATASOURCE IS NOT UNIQUE USING DB2 CONNECT

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/917100632

September 11, 2009, 06:44 AM
bcook278
ISERIES - DATASOURCE IS NOT UNIQUE USING DB2 CONNECT
I am testing a new JDBC driver to connect DM from my Linux Server to an iSeries Database. The driver has been installed and I am able to perform a test connection to the iSeries. The URL I am passing is: jdbc:datadirect:db2://DATA:446;locationName=DATA;alternateId=PRDWSYSDTA. I am now trying to create synonyms from this database. I am able to retreive a list of all the objects in the PRDWSYSDTA schema but if I select one and attempt to add it as a synonym I get the following message:
(FOC1567) CREATE SYNONYM: DATASOURCE 'ASSET_FACT' IS NOT UNIQUE. ASSET_FACT is the object that I selected from the list. It appears the issue is that when it goes to create the synonym it's not looking for this object in just the PRDWSYSDTA schema but is also referencing other schemas/libraries on the server and this object does exist in some other schemas/libraries. I tested this theory by trying to add a synonym for an object that I knew only existed in PRDWSYSDTA and I was able to create that without any errors. I am not sure if there is more I can do on the URL string to force the synonym creation function to only reference objects in PRDWSYSDTA or if there is something else I need to change. If anyone else has encountered this same error I'd appreciate hearing how you were able to get around it.

Thanks,
Bob Cook

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats
September 21, 2009, 01:20 PM
Kerry
Hi Bob,

We have similar issues reported without resolution. There may be a system/config issue here or product issue. To pursue further, we will need you to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.