Focal Point
Scheduled Jobs Periodically Don't Start - Data Migrator 7.6.11

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/9227063116

October 20, 2011, 06:52 AM
bcook278
Scheduled Jobs Periodically Don't Start - Data Migrator 7.6.11
We have a series of process flows running daily from the scheduler. At least 2 or three times every month on of these jobs fails to start from the scheduler. The job does not error.....it simply never wakes up to run at it's scheduled time. Not sure how to troubleshoot this and was hoping someone could point me towards something to look for when this occurs. It happened this morning and I have not cleared any log files at this point so if there is something within the various logs that may point me to a cause that info should all be out there somewhere. Would appreciate any suggestions you may have to track this issue down.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats
October 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
Clif
From an administrator id go to Reports > Scheduler > Scheduled events and run the report confirm that the flow is scheduled for the day.

If so go to the web console Workpace > Diagnostics > Server log to look at edaprint.log for the time the flow was scheduled. You should see messages like:
(ICM18774) Deferred request app/flow created
(ICM18762) Job ID: 2011-10-21-09-59-53cmrpip000004_loopback

Or if not, then error messages, that should help you determine the problem.

But it would best to upgrade to the current production Release 7.7.03 where the scheduler was largely rewritten and improved diagnostics messages are written to the server log.

N/A
October 21, 2011, 02:29 PM
BobSh
What we found when I was at another company is that if Data Migrator is busy writing to logs, it won't look for scheduled jobs to execute. When the log finished writing, it was past the time for the job to execute. Take a look at your ETL logs and see if there were a lot of records being written at the time the schedules didn't launch. If yes, determine why so many records are written and try to minimize them. Also, consider changing the schedule time of the job.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.