Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    FOC034 - Print Line exceeds the Maximum width is:257

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FOC034 - Print Line exceeds the Maximum width is:257
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I am getting an error message shown above when I run a procedure (.fex) shown below

FILEDEF ANYTXT DISK cust.dat

TABLE FILE ANYTXT PRINT *

Kar
Data management Console R72017B

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Go to www.ibi.com and do a search on FOC034. You'll find all sorts of stuff on what causes it and what you can do. Read through some of the entries and pick the one that works best for you.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I did a search on IBI website and the forum but did not find more than one post on this topic.
In that post it was mentioned to change
SET WIDTH PARAMETER.

On changing the size of the parameter, it still gives the same error message.

Further help is apreciated on this topic.

Kar

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try adding the panel also.

SET WIDTH = ....
SET PANEL = ....

In what format is your outp being displayed?

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
This iw what I have in fex file

SET WIDTH = 300
SET PANEL = 300

FILEDEF ANYTXT DISK test1.dat
-------------------------------------
The contents of test1.dat is

sdddssdsdd:wq!

When I select the procedure in Application directory in DMC and right click on procedure and select RUN, it gives the error message

02/11/2008 09:20:38 NODE0001 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 16 IN PROCEDURE test3 FOCEXEC *
02/11/2008 09:20:38 NODE0001 (FOC034) THE PRINT LINE EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LINE WIDTH. WIDTH IS: 257

Kar

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does ANYTXT have a master file definition set up defining the fixed file layout?

Previous question was as to what the fex when executed was displayed in, html, pdf, excel?

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
The procedure works correctly now.
ANYTXT has master file definition set up for fixed width.
The output is displayed in DMC as EXCEL output.

Now if I RUN it in DEFERED MODE and go to LIST DEFERRED option, I see the status of ths request as QUEUEING and does not change.

Kar

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Time to talk to the systems administrator now.

Good luck.

Leah