Focal Point
advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/9541019581

September 15, 2006, 01:46 PM
Jim Dale
advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow
The default is "OK Default Condition (Return Code is 0). I have a dozen Data Flows and sometimes I'll receive a Return Code = 18708 because nothing matched the filter. The process stops and the chain is broken. When this occurs, I need the flow to update the rerst of the tables. I can change the condition type to Unconditional so the Flow doesn't stop or I can code a Custom condition. I'm afraid if I select Unconditional, execution may pass to next flow when it shouldn't.

What are your thoughts?
September 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
<kreycraft>
I think you usually get RC 18708 when there are no records returned from your query. In version 7.1.3 if you look at the flow properties and uncheck "Stop processing if 0 rows are selected", this return code goes away and the flow exits successfully (if 0 records are returned).
September 21, 2006, 01:13 PM
Dale
Thanks,

We'll be upgrading to 7.11 by year-end. I'll leave the connection as "unconditional" for now because that seems to be the only way I can get the Data Flow to proceed onto the next one if there are no records that match the filter.

Jim

My site:
WebFocus 5.33
Unix Solaris 5.8
DataBase - Oracle 9i2