Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
The default is "OK Default Condition (Return Code is 0). I have a dozen Data Flows and sometimes I'll receive a Return Code = 18708 because nothing matched the filter. The process stops and the chain is broken. When this occurs, I need the flow to update the rerst of the tables. I can change the condition type to Unconditional so the Flow doesn't stop or I can code a Custom condition. I'm afraid if I select Unconditional, execution may pass to next flow when it shouldn't.

What are your thoughts?

Posts: 43 | Location: San Jose, California. | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
<kreycraft>
posted
I think you usually get RC 18708 when there are no records returned from your query. In version 7.1.3 if you look at the flow properties and uncheck "Stop processing if 0 rows are selected", this return code goes away and the flow exits successfully (if 0 records are returned).

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

We'll be upgrading to 7.11 by year-end. I'll leave the connection as "unconditional" for now because that seems to be the only way I can get the Data Flow to proceed onto the next one if there are no records that match the filter.

Jim

My site:
WebFocus 5.33
Unix Solaris 5.8
DataBase - Oracle 9i2

Posts: 7 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post