Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

advice on choosing condition type of Process Flow
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
The default is "OK Default Condition (Return Code is 0). I have a dozen Data Flows and sometimes I'll receive a Return Code = 18708 because nothing matched the filter. The process stops and the chain is broken. When this occurs, I need the flow to update the rerst of the tables. I can change the condition type to Unconditional so the Flow doesn't stop or I can code a Custom condition. I'm afraid if I select Unconditional, execution may pass to next flow when it shouldn't.

What are your thoughts?

Posts: 43 | Location: San Jose, California. | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<kreycraft>
posted
I think you usually get RC 18708 when there are no records returned from your query. In version 7.1.3 if you look at the flow properties and uncheck "Stop processing if 0 rows are selected", this return code goes away and the flow exits successfully (if 0 records are returned).

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

We'll be upgrading to 7.11 by year-end. I'll leave the connection as "unconditional" for now because that seems to be the only way I can get the Data Flow to proceed onto the next one if there are no records that match the filter.

Jim

My site:
WebFocus 5.33
Unix Solaris 5.8
DataBase - Oracle 9i2

Posts: 7 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: July 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post