Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [Solved] Data Migrator - Generate a sequence number

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] Data Migrator - Generate a sequence number
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

We need to generate an incrementing sequence number based on the status in the source records. Say, I have a series of 7 records and for the records with Status = 2, I would like to generate an incrementing series of sequence_key. Example:

RecordStatusSequence_Key

I would also like to do this is one pass and not go back through in DM to update the records. Basically, is there a way in DM to get the previous not missing sequence_key and increment by 1.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JL,

Year(s) of experience in WebFOCUS: 5+. Using WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Windows platform with Oracle/SQL Server.

Posts: 41 | Registered: September 08, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
DM, do you mean Dialog Manager ?

For TABLE FILE

Use
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COMPUTE
      SEAT_2_SEQ/I9 = IF SEATS EQ 2 THEN LAST SEAT_2_SEQ + 1 ELSE LAST SEAT_2_SEQ ;

BY MODEL
BY SEATS
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

Actually, I meant the data migrator. I have changed my title to be more precise.

Thanks!

Year(s) of experience in WebFOCUS: 5+. Using WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Windows platform with Oracle/SQL Server.

Guru
posted Hide Post
You can do the same thing in Data Management Console but then as a insert column in the SQL box. Then just use the example of Waz:

IF SEATS EQ 2 THEN LAST SEAT_2_SEQ + 1 ELSE LAST SEAT_2_SEQ

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion!

The expression:
SEATS = IF SEATS EQ 2 THEN LAST SEAT_2_SEQ + 1 ELSE LAST SEAT_2_SEQ
gave the following results:

RecordStatusSequence_Key

So we created a temporary file to hold the results and used another expression:
SEATS_2_SEQ_NEW = IF SEAT_2_SEQ NE LAST SEAT_2_SEQ THEN SEAT_2_SEQ ELSE MISSING

Thanks for the help!