Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to connect the progress database

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/9597022786

July 14, 2017, 04:03 AM
Kalai
[CLOSED] How to connect the progress database
Hi Everyone

I am using the progress database version 9.1E. I can not able to connect database using ODBC driver. Can you suggest, how to connect this lower version of progress database using Data migrator

Please help me, to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 17, 2017, 10:38 AM
dhagen
Dumb question: What is the issue with the ODBC driver?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
July 18, 2017, 12:18 PM
Kalai
Hello Dhagen

ODBC driver is not installed in the Progress database server, Only JDBC driver is available. How can i connect the progress database using JDBC driver ?

Thanks
Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalai,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 19, 2017, 11:09 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Kalai

The jdbc driver will need to be on the machine where data migrator is installed and in the CLASSPATH environmental variable. Then you will configure a generic jdbc adapter to connect to it. You will need to know the driver name and jdbc connection to your progress database server as well as a user id and password.

Hope that helps

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 22, 2017, 12:40 AM
Kalai
Hi Chuck wolff

Can you please explain in details with steps to followed ?

1. Which progress JDBC driver i need to use for progress9.1E ? where i can get this ?
2. How install the progress jdbc driver (In Linux) ?
3. After download the driver. Where i can set environment variable path (In Linux)

I am new to this, in DMC.

Thanks for your support

Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalai,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 24, 2017, 08:54 AM
Clif
Currently Information Builders supports Progress through an ODBC adapter on UNIX and Windows. It's documented in Adapter Administration chapter "Using the Adapter for Progress." We recommend using this.

Information Builders does not at this time provide a JDBC adapter for Progress. It may be possible to use the generic JDBC adapter although it's not been tested with Progress. It's documented in the same manual in the chapter "Using the Adapter for JDBC."

1) Information Builders doesn't supply JDBC drivers for Progress (or any RDBMS). You need to obtain the JDBC driver from the database vendor. Please see OpenEdge JDBC Driver

2) Follow the instructions provided with driver.

3) Follow the instructions in the reference above.

N/A
August 01, 2017, 09:58 PM
ray_In_Vancouver
you still need help. I have it up and running in production. let me know

IWay SM 5.6, 6.01, 6.1, 6.9, 7.0
EDI, XML, XSD, WF 8.0, DM 77,8.0 asp.net, SQL Server