Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] How to connect the progress database

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to connect the progress database
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi Everyone

I am using the progress database version 9.1E. I can not able to connect database using ODBC driver. Can you suggest, how to connect this lower version of progress database using Data migrator

Please help me, to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dumb question: What is the issue with the ODBC driver?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Dhagen

ODBC driver is not installed in the Progress database server, Only JDBC driver is available. How can i connect the progress database using JDBC driver ?

Thanks
Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalai,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kalai

The jdbc driver will need to be on the machine where data migrator is installed and in the CLASSPATH environmental variable. Then you will configure a generic jdbc adapter to connect to it. You will need to know the driver name and jdbc connection to your progress database server as well as a user id and password.

Hope that helps

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck wolff

Can you please explain in details with steps to followed ?

1. Which progress JDBC driver i need to use for progress9.1E ? where i can get this ?
2. How install the progress jdbc driver (In Linux) ?
3. After download the driver. Where i can set environment variable path (In Linux)

I am new to this, in DMC.

Thanks for your support

Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalai,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Currently Information Builders supports Progress through an ODBC adapter on UNIX and Windows. It's documented in Adapter Administration chapter "Using the Adapter for Progress." We recommend using this.

Information Builders does not at this time provide a JDBC adapter for Progress. It may be possible to use the generic JDBC adapter although it's not been tested with Progress. It's documented in the same manual in the chapter "Using the Adapter for JDBC."

1) Information Builders doesn't supply JDBC drivers for Progress (or any RDBMS). You need to obtain the JDBC driver from the database vendor. Please see OpenEdge JDBC Driver

2) Follow the instructions provided with driver.

3) Follow the instructions in the reference above.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
you still need help. I have it up and running in production. let me know

IWay SM 5.6, 6.01, 6.1, 6.9, 7.0
EDI, XML, XSD, WF 8.0, DM 77,8.0 asp.net, SQL Server