Focal Point
Repairing / Restarting Channel.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/9607046995

March 03, 2011, 08:17 AM
TommyKnocker
Repairing / Restarting Channel.
Hi everybody,

When a database has a technical problem, the associated listeners work as "zombie listeners", and can't continue processing data.
Do you know how to Repair / Restart Channels from a PFLOW when the DDBB is repaired?

Thanks in advance.

TK.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
March 10, 2011, 12:24 PM
ATS_WZ
TK,

Not sure why you want to do this from a pflow? If the DB listener is unaware of the issue on the DB it would be hard to automate a refresh of the channel.
If you want to be able to do this manually from a telnet session that can be done. You need to first setup the TelnetD listener > Move route > Default outlet > build and deploy channel. You will now be able to telnet into a commandline session on the iSM server from any device that supports a telnet client. To fix the DB listener you would simply execute > refresh (name) where name = the channel you wish to reinitialize. You can also run >stop (name) and then >start (name) if refresh does not work.
For a list of commands you can run within the telnet session simply type >help

Hope this helps,
ATS_WZ
March 14, 2011, 05:14 AM
TommyKnocker
Hi ATS,

I'm trying to create a PFLOW as a Centralized Errors Control Center in a Project.
The idea, is to let the PFLOW restarts any RDMS channel when the DataBase has a technical problem; just when the Database is ready.
Actually i can restart a Managed Server (configuration) from a PFLOW, but the idea is to do the same with channels.
The solution, you are talking about, requires some manually operations from someone, connecting through TELNET to operate; and is not my target.
Any other ideas?

Thanks.
TK.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
March 14, 2011, 12:38 PM
ATS_WZ
TK,

You can use the XDControlAgent to stop and start Channel(s). So it will be up to you how to figure out if the RDBMS is availible.

-ATS_WZ
March 15, 2011, 07:47 AM
TommyKnocker
Thank you so much ATS, that's what I was looking for. Sure, I need to learn more about iWay Services. Several years using other middlewares instead iWay, blocked my mind... Sweating

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS