Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Repairing / Restarting Channel.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Repairing / Restarting Channel.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everybody,

When a database has a technical problem, the associated listeners work as "zombie listeners", and can't continue processing data.
Do you know how to Repair / Restart Channels from a PFLOW when the DDBB is repaired?

Thanks in advance.

TK.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

posted Hide Post
TK,

Not sure why you want to do this from a pflow? If the DB listener is unaware of the issue on the DB it would be hard to automate a refresh of the channel.
If you want to be able to do this manually from a telnet session that can be done. You need to first setup the TelnetD listener > Move route > Default outlet > build and deploy channel. You will now be able to telnet into a commandline session on the iSM server from any device that supports a telnet client. To fix the DB listener you would simply execute > refresh (name) where name = the channel you wish to reinitialize. You can also run >stop (name) and then >start (name) if refresh does not work.
For a list of commands you can run within the telnet session simply type >help

Hope this helps,
ATS_WZ

posted Hide Post
Hi ATS,

I'm trying to create a PFLOW as a Centralized Errors Control Center in a Project.
The idea, is to let the PFLOW restarts any RDMS channel when the DataBase has a technical problem; just when the Database is ready.
Actually i can restart a Managed Server (configuration) from a PFLOW, but the idea is to do the same with channels.
The solution, you are talking about, requires some manually operations from someone, connecting through TELNET to operate; and is not my target.
Any other ideas?

Thanks.
TK.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

posted Hide Post
TK,

You can use the XDControlAgent to stop and start Channel(s). So it will be up to you how to figure out if the RDBMS is availible.

-ATS_WZ

posted Hide Post
Thank you so much ATS, that's what I was looking for. Sure, I need to learn more about iWay Services. Several years using other middlewares instead iWay, blocked my mind... Sweating

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS