Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Has any one upgraded to 7.6.2 Data migrator?.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Has any one upgraded to 7.6.2 Data migrator?.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
If yes, can you please share your experiences.

Thanks.

WF7.1.4 Prod/Test, MRE, self serve, DM

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

We are attempting to upgrade from DM 7.6.1:

Issue: Double decimals are being lost:

In 7.6.1 we create a synonym which returns data as Actual D8, Usage D20.2.
Data in database = 179.97777777
Data in synonym = 179.98

We change the format for Usage to D20.8. and place the synonym in a flow.
Data in target (delimited file, csv) = 179.98000000
When you switch to edit on the synonym or flow, it displays Actual D8, Usage D20.8.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to DM 7.6.2 produces the following result:
We create a synonym which returns data as Actual D8, Usage D20.2.
Data in database = 179.97777777
Data in synonym = 179.98

We change the format for Usage to D20.8. and place the synonym in a flow.
Data in target (delimited file, csv) = 179 - without ANY decimals at all!

When you switch to edit on the synonym or flow, it displays Actual A20, Usage D20.8. - where did ALPHA come from?

I tried to edit the flow to be Actual D8, Usage D20.8 and it produces garbled text in the output document.
I then tried to force the source synonym to Decimal Packed 20.8 and it produces 179.97777777 - no ROUNDING!

So, would love to know if there is a setting for this somewhere...the conversion to Alpha seems wrong to me and losing decimals seems strange. Especially since this all worked seemlessly in the previous version...

posted Hide Post
I have also experienced the following issue on DM 7.6.2, which only seems to occur when your output target is set to physical location.

The path is "lost" if your data application directory setting is physical location and your value is anything besides the default c:\ibi...location.

So, say for example your data application directory is physical location and your value is c:\testing\output\reportname.csv.
Save this setting.
Add a stored procedure to your dataflow.
Save this.
Run...nothing happens...
Open the target properties: your data application directory has been reset to an application directory name eg baseapp and your value is empty.
Change it back to c:\testing\output\reportname.csv.
Save this.
Run...nothing happens...
Open and it has reset itself again.
Argh!
Change it back to c:\testing\output\reportname.csv and run it - select save while running - finally it keeps this value.

This happens every time I make any little change to the dataflow.
Please let me know if I'm using it incorrectly, but this did not seem to happen in 7.6.1.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
m,

Did you open up a case with IBI?. if yes what is their take on this?.

Thanks

WF7.1.4 Prod/Test, MRE, self serve, DM

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have, thanks. Will update the post as soon as I've received feedback.

posted Hide Post
Feedback as promised:
This seems to be a known problem with Delimited Flat File targets. The person who attended to my case is sending this to programming for follow-up. A workaround would be to use a Formatted File" and a format of "COMT" instead for your target.

I tried using COMT and it worked, besides generating headers, which I don't want in the file.