Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Connect Failure

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Connect Failure
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi Everyone

I have etl job that failed frequently.

While run the job manually and alone at time job running successfully.

when run the job through the parent job at the time job got failed.

below error message, i have received

2017-02-27 14:50:06 18 Issuing PREPARE
2017-02-27 14:50:06 19 Request will process data via NON-Pass Through (NON-APT)
2017-02-27 14:50:06 20 HOLD file will be created for output file named: SQLIN.
2017-02-27 14:50:06 21 CONNECT FAILURE
2017-02-27 14:50:06 22 SQLCODE IS -20315 (HEX: FFFFB0A5)
2017-02-27 14:50:06 23 : [60] [DataDirect][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]Database is already connected
2017-02-27 14:50:06 24 : .
2017-02-27 14:50:06 25 SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.
2017-02-27 14:50:06 26 Return Code = 1406

Kindly provide, if you have any findings

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kalaivanan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Please, don't take my answer as an "Absolute Truth", but I've been through similar issues in the past, and this is what I infered:

We used to have a DataMigrator flow, named A, inside of which, we called two fex processes (hand written, not created by means of datamigrator) AA and AB. Well, when AB was running it used to exit with failure due to an oracle timeout.

We infered that, if a flow calls N fex files, then a socket to the database is created in the first file, and used all over to the end of the flow. So, we tried to encapsulate AB inside a wrapper flow, whose only work was to call AB, and it worked like a charm.
(it is: a flow A who calls a fex AA, and then calls a flow ABW, inside of which we have the fex AB)

You could give it a try.

WebFOCUS 8, Win/*NIX, B.I.Portal, *SQL, all outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kalaivanan,
Please open a hottrack case and upload your flow (.fex) and synonym (.mas, .acx) files to the case. With the hottrack case you'll get the most precise answer to your problem.
Thanks.