Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Converting From JD Edwards Century Julian to Gregorian

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Converting From JD Edwards Century Julian to Gregorian
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have an expression that they use in DMC that will help me convert from a JD Edwards Century Julian date format (Example: 110001 for January 1, 2010) to any Gregorian date format? The GREGDT(indate, output_format) expression doesn't work in this circumstance. I know how to do it in Excel, but that doesn't help me here. Thanks in advance.

7.6.9, Linux
All

Posts: 6 | Location: Newton, MA | Registered: August 28, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is a very basic way:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-SET &XDATE = '110001';

DEFINE FILE CAR
  DATE_IN/A6 = '&XDATE.EVAL';
  DATE_1/A7 = IF EDIT(DATE_IN,'9') EQ '0' THEN '19' | EDIT(DATE_IN,'$99999') ELSE '20' | EDIT(DATE_IN,'$99999');
  DATE_2/I7 = EDIT(DATE_1);
  DATE_3/I8 = GREGDT(DATE_2,'I8');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT * 
   DATE_1 DATE_2 DATE_3
END
-EXIT

You can also set DEFCENT and YRTHRESH on the reporting server/in the program and do it that way...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Where do I set the DEFCENT and YRTHRESH values? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

7.6.9, Linux
All

Posts: 6 | Location: Newton, MA | Registered: August 28, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Craig,

Actually, that wasn't correct advice to use DEFCENT and YRTHRESH; my bad!

GREGDT requires 5 or 7 digit Julian values with the actual year, i.e. 10001 or 2010001. Your example means the 1st byte is to be decoded into the century, so, DEFCENT and YRTHRESH wouldn't apply.

But, you can put these DEFINEs in the Master instead of multiple programs, or, have them in a common program and
-INCLUDE program_name...

Here is some documentation...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I don't have to do that. When you generated the masters did you run them through the JDE conversion?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
For Webfocus reporting I just added these functions to our edasprof. I use them all the time.

DEFINE FUNCTION JDETOSD(DATE_JDE/P7)
     DATE_GREG/I8YYMD = GREGDT(( 1900000 + DATE_JDE ), 'I8YYMD');
     JDETOSD/YYMD = DATECVT(DATE_GREG, 'I8YYMD', 'YYMD');
END

DEFINE FUNCTION JDETOID(DATE_JDE/P7)
     JDETOID/I8YYMD = GREGDT(( 1900000 + DATE_JDE ), 'I8YYMD');
END

DEFINE FUNCTION SDTOJDE(DATE_YYMD/YYMD)
     SDTOJDE/P7 = JULDAT(DATECVT(DATE_YYMD,'YYMD','I8YYMD'),'I5') + 100000;
END

DEFINE FUNCTION IDTOJDE(DATE_I8YYMD/I8YYMD)
     IDTOJDE/P7 = JULDAT(DATE_I8YYMD,'I5') + 100000;
END

------------------------------------------
DevStudio 8.2.03
WFS 8.2.03

Posts: 86 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: May 10, 2007Report This Post