Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Setting a user defined error code in procedure

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Setting a user defined error code in procedure
 Login/Join

posted
I have a process flow that goes through a set of input files to verify that the files seem correct. It verifies the formats of files, whether or not the files are expected, whether or not the data in the file is appropriate, and also some other checks. During the various processes that verify the files, a file is created that lists each file and whether or not there is an issue with it.

The last step of the process flow is a call to a iDM stored procedure. The stored procedure looks at the verification file to see if there were any errors. If none of the files had any verification errors, this process flow should end successfully. However, if there are any errors at all, the procedure moves the files from the current location and puts them into an error location. It then creates a CSV file in that same location that has each file listed and what error, if any, occurred. The last thing I want to happen is for the flow to finish with an error.

This is where I am having issues. I tried to set &RET_CODE to a value other than zero, but it doesn't appear to cause the flow to think the process erred out. I can set the &KILL_RPC to a Y. That seems to do the trick, but I an not sure if this is the best way to go about it.

I am pretty new to IBI tools. Eventually, this process flow is going to be called from iSM. If this verification flow finishes successfully, then the iSM process is going to call the next flow to actually load the data. So, I need to make sure that the iSM process knows whether or not an error occurred in the verification step.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

iDM 7.7.05
WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In your stored procedure you can do what you are currently doing with the &&KILL_RPC='Y', or you can

-SET &&CM__RETURN=XXX;

Where XXX is any return code you want the process to end with.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post