Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    accidentally updated Java, now PMF won't run

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
accidentally updated Java, now PMF won't run
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
My laptop with Windows XP was running PMF, but I accidentally clicked on the Java update (Java 6 update 31, was previously using Java 6 update 17 and everything was working). Now it won't run. I tried to fix it by removing the Java update, but I still couldn't get the PMF Login screen and I couldn't start Tomcat 5.5.25. So then I tried reinstalling Tomcat 5.5.25. And when that didn't work, I downloaded Java 6 update 17 and installed that. When that didn't work, I reinstalled PMF.

Now I can start Tomcat, but I can't start either ReportCaster 76 or WebFocus 76 server. When I try to start WebFocus server, I get a popup almost immediately that says "Server failed to start".

Before I checked the services, I tried to open the Welcome to WebFocus page and got a 404 error with the description: "The requested resource (/ibi_apps) is not available." I also tried opening DevStudio 7.6.11. When I click on localhost under WebFocus Environments, I get the following error: The URL could not be found "HTTP://localhost:8080/ibi_html/index.html"

Has anybody seen this before and can suggest a way to fix it?

Theresa

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML

Posts: 38 | Location: Washington, D.C., United States | Registered: April 22, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
PMF uses no significant amount of Java, but WebFOCUS does. I'd recommend you check the version of WebFOCUS you're running and the version of Java required/supported for it and make sure they're compatible. If Tomcat won't start it's quite possible you upgraded to a version of Java too far ahead of whatever version of Tomcat was packaged with WebFOCUS.

That's the best guess I can venture from the info you provided. If you need further help after checking on that stuff, contact our CSS folks.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

posted Hide Post
Hi Please let me know whether Java 1.7 is compatible with webfocus 7611 or not.Our current version of webfocus and reportcaster is 7611.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 14, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am pretty sure that 1.7 in not supported until webfoucus 7.7.03 though it might be 7.7.04

The 1.6.xx version supported with webfocus 7.6.11 If you search the support site for "support statement for java virtual" It will list all the various 1.6.x versions of java and which one works with which version of WebFocus.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I had a similar issue with HTML composer when i was using RIA themes. After my IT group pushed out a Java patch i could not get these to reopen in composer, fiddled with Java for a couple days and finally gave up and reinstalled Developer studio after having to reimage my machine. This fixed my problem. Your's may not be the same but my issue was definitely java related

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML