Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Gadget Dashboards as an Objective Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Gadget Dashboards as an Objective Report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have built some nice dashboards using the new 4.2 gadgets. They work great as today pages, but when I make them an objective report and link to them from my strategy map, they loose their scroll bars when they pop up in a new window.

Please advise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Janice,

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Dashboards generally don't have scrollbars by design. The enclosing frame on the main dashboard in BID does have scrollbars active so any content inside the tabbed window has scrollbars.

If you launch a dashboard page in a new window, it never has scrollbars.

Does expanding the pop-up window to show all the content satisfy your needs? If not, a new feature to enable scrollbars would be rather complex. Let us know.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately no, expanding the window does not help. Please note it as a new feature request. If we had the option of opening an objective report in a dashboard window this may reduce the complexity of the enhancement.

Thanks.

WF 8.09

Posts: 68 | Location: United States | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
OK... although we aren't planning to make this a "feature," there is a technique you can do to change the way strategy map pop-ups behave.

Open the file stratmap.js and on line 3217 you'll see these two lines of javascript:
   WindowObjectReference = window.parent.document.open(fex_url,"Objective_Report",
            "toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=yes, status=yes, menubar=yes, resizable=yes");

change the code to add the phrase ", scrollbars=yes" at the end.

"toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=yes, status=yes, menubar=yes, resizable=yes, scrollbars=yes");

And you'll get what you want. In fact, you can totally clean the pop-up window up to make more room for content like this:
            "toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes, scrollbars=yes");

This is a quick, 2-second change.

Make sure you close all browsers and clear your browser cache before testing this. Browsers tend to cache javascript files.

You can also change the way the multi-drill pop-ups work on WebFOCUS HTML reports; to do that you'd need to alter \ibi\webfocusnn\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\js\ibimultidrill.js. The line to change there is line 102:

window.open(url, target);

Change to

window.open(url, target,'scrollbars=yes');

You can likewise clean up the pop-up window.

Also note that PMF 4.2 has the ability to totally suppress pop-ups. Some people don't like them. It's in PMF Settings (Pop Up Window Handling: SAME or NEW)

Hope this helps!

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Once again, you come through for me. Thanks Bob. My client is very happy!

WF 8.09