Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    Threshold/Flex Relative to Color Status Problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Threshold/Flex Relative to Color Status Problem
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have set up a measure with the following characteristics:

Threshold/Flex Type = Percent
Threshold/Flex Direction = Ascending
Threshold = 10.00
Flex = 0

Based on this configuration, I would expect a status indicator of yellow if the actual value is between 90% - 100% of the target, and for it to be red if below.

However, in this measure the actual value is 14.2 and the target is 19.3, which is 73.6% of target, yet the indicator shows yellow instead of red.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

PMF 5.1.1

Master
posted Hide Post
You appear to be expecting to have the percent reached equal a percent of a percent. This can be done, just change the Threshold unit type to Percent. By default for percents, it's assumed you're expressing the tolerances in Units (which are PERCENTS, non monsieur?). If you want PMF to calculate based on a percent of a percent, specify that the tolerance unit type is a percent, not a unit. Voila! C'est magnifique!

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob, thank you for your reply, but I'm still not getting the result I'm looking for. Perhaps if I explain my desired outcome with a specific example you can help me set the paramaters properly.

In this specific measure, I have an actual value of 14.5%. I have a target value of 18.4%. I want a 10% threshold, such that the following is true:

If the actual is >= 18.4%, indicator is green.
If the actual is < 16.56%, indicator is red.
If actual is in between, status is yellow.

Basiaclly, that is when the "% of Target" calculates to between 90% and 100%, I need the indicator to be yellow.

Thanks again for your help.

PMF 5.1.1

Master
posted Hide Post
I tested this. Here's the way it should work. You should set the measure up using percent aggregation, and with threshold/flex type as percent. Threshold should be 10 (10% of the target percent).

However, when I tested this I noticed that it wasn't working properly. It was treated the 10 as units (percent in this case) rather than as a percent of the percent. The fix appears to be a line or two of FOCUS that belong in a_compute_rpt_vars.fex. We plan to include this fix in 5.1.2 which is coming out at the end of the month, but also we could simply share the code change with you so you don't have to wait. We'll make sure to post it here.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bob, if you could share the code change via whatever vehicle you choose, that would be a big help. We really were hoping to stabilize on 5.1.1 and not have to move again for awhile.

Many thanks.

PMF 5.1.1