Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [Closed] WF Style Sheets 06 - 11

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] WF Style Sheets 06 - 11
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi Team,

I'm investigating different styling options for my latest client, and have some questions about the Style Sheet options available.

There seems to be a matching CSS and WF Style Sheet from 01 to 05. For instance, pmf_uistyle04 goes perfectly with WF style sheet 04 (black) and pmf_uistyle05 goes perfectly with WF style sheet 05 (dark blue). However, the WF style sheets 06 to 11 all seem to be the same. I looked in the manual, and this is what it says:

Set 01. Uses 10 point Sans-Serif font to provide good readability and
compatibility with the ISO shapes, ISO signs, 3-D, and Few indicator
sets. The default is Set 01.
Set 02. Uses 8 point Sans-Serif font to provide much denser
information on-screen (with slightly less readability) and is compatible
with the Glass indicator set.
Set 03. White, silver, black. Uses Set 01 specifications.   
Set 04. Black (Hitech). Uses Set 02 specifications.
Set 05. Blue (Hitech). Uses Set 02 specifications.
Set 06. Orange (Hitech). Uses Set 02 specifications.
Set 07. Corporate blue. Uses Set 02 specifications.

This indicates to me that 06 should match the Orange CSS, although it does not. Furthermore, there are 11 CSS files and 11 WF Style Sheet options, but the manual omits mention of 8-11. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it while I'm on the topic.

What do you think? I'm leaning towards the WF Style Sheets 6-11 not working as designed.

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Funny, we use them all the time, and they all match up to our eyes.

You're welcome to create your own - anyone can - but we now recommend you number yours at 81 or higher, because a bunch more are about to be added in the 5.3.0 series.

Hope you had a nice thanksgiving... surprised to see a posting on a holiday weekend, but glad you're working so hard!

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Master
posted Hide Post
Moogle is in Montreal. The whole world didn't have a holiday this week. Them Vikings arrived in North America 500 years or so ahead of the guys in the black hats anyway ...

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

I wonder specifically about:

Set 06 Orange (Hitech). Uses Set 02 specifications.  

There's a CSS (pmf_uistyle06) that makes the PMF UI orange. The WF style sheet 06 does not make reports and gadgets a matching orange; rather they have a light grey background.

I'm assure you that I'm not wasting anyone's time critiquing style choices, as that is totally subjective. What I'm talking about is that if you pick, for instance, 05 CSS and 05 WF Style Sheet, you get gadget content that seems to float elegantly on a dashboard. If you pick the Orange ones, you get gadgets that are surrounded by grey blocks; incongruous. Based on the description in the documentation, it seems reasonable that the WF style sheet would incorporate orange into the styling.

WF Style Sheets 6-11 seem identical. I carefully compared the output for each, and it's the same, or appears the same. If this is working as designed, I obviously accept that, but I wonder about it.

I am very excited to see PMF 5.3, and 80 new styling options is going to go a long way towards ensuring adoption at my current and future clients. I'm especially looking forward to easier to read fonts (white font on a grey background is a tough one, for instance). Perhaps I'm getting old, but I prefer to have text jump out at me without straining.

George is correct, Canadian Thanksgiving was weeks ago, and it's not 1/4 of the party that is US Thanksgiving. I'm surprised to find myself working in Canada for a change, keeping Canadian hours.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
When I run 06 with the 06 WebFOCUS style sheet, I do indeed see orange backgrounded reports and charts and gadgets.

The grey design elements are part of the style; they complement the orange. The color palette done by Liza for 06 was Orange, with superimposed grey and white design elements in reports, and text in complementary grey, black text and white. It all holds together properly.

Hey, I'm not crazy about orange, I prefer 04 ("After Hours") and 08 ("IBI blue") but some people swear by it. As the Latin says, de gustibus non disputandem - if you don't like the 11 style sheets be our guest, design new ones that you like. But please use 81 and higher for your custom sheets, to avoid our new sheets colliding with your numbering.

best

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Master
posted Hide Post
"De gustibus non est disputandum" - This bus is drafty and you can't deny it !

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You made me do a coffee spit-take!
And thanks for correcting my rusty Latin.
:-)

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105