Focal Point
PMF 531 install - PMF_RDBMS_GET cannot be found

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/1627013226

July 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
dcorp
PMF 531 install - PMF_RDBMS_GET cannot be found
I installed PMF 5.3.1. When logging on for the first time I get the following error message: (FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: PMF_RDBMS_GET
How can I correct this error? Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML
July 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
EricH
The most likely explanation is that there is an issue with the WebFOCUS Server profile - pmf_base.prf. Either the pmf_base.prf was not set up properly during installation or somehow it is not being called when you log in.

EricH
July 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
dcorp
Eric, I reinstalled and am still receiving a the same message. It appears that pmf_base.prf is not being called. I am going to open up a case on this. Thanks for your help.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML
July 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Twanette
Hi, Did you manage to resolve this?
I tried to search on HOTTRACK to see if you logged a call, but could not find anything.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server
July 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
We wouldn't log calls to hottrack.

Try giving customer support a shot. Carlotta Cunningham in ATS helps out with PMF installs. I'd say your issue is probably a missing pmf_base.prf. You can tell by looking in your WebFOCUS Reporting server console - look under workspace > configuration files > User/Group Profiles and make sure you have one called pmf_base, and that it contains the proper pathing and other RDBMS connectivity info to run PMF.

Note the pathing has changed in 5.3.1.

Have a look at the PMF Installation and COnfiguration Guide.

Or just contact Carlotta.

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!