Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    calling an mre-located launch page, fex set from todaypage

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
calling an mre-located launch page, fex set from todaypage
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
we can't figure out the syntax for calling a launch page located in an mre domain
as a launch page in pmf.
the mre domain is NOT on the path
so its dropdown fexes cannot be executed by pmf's today page (which is on the backend).
so we're having trouble re-using existing reports.
We'ld have to copy all our fexes and rewrite all out launch pages from MRE to backend style.
yuck.
any body have conquered this issue?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
In PMF create a "Web site" type Launch Page.

If it is a Standard report the link to enter in the URL field looks like this:

[http or https]:\\[your WEB server]\ibi_apps\WFServlet?IBIF_ex=app/[your mre procedure name.fex]&IBIMR_folder=#[the mre folder]

If it is a My Report the link to enter in the URL field looks like this:

[http or https]:\\[your WEB server]\ibi_apps\WFServlet?IBIF_ex=user1/[your mre procedure name.fex]&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_MY_REPORT&IBIMR_folder=#[the mre folder]

You'll replace all entries in square brackets with the values described.
This is web server dependent of course.

BTW I got the URL syntax off the Focal Point WebFOCUS forum. :-)

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Director of Business and Development
WebFOCUS Performance Management
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

I'll take any questions about PMF - business or technical - anytime!

Expert
posted Hide Post
thanks bob
we tried that.
it can't find the fexes within the launch page that do the ajax dropdown box load.
because the domain (where the launch page is, and where the fexes are) is not on the path.
and won't be
because only masters in /apps/ are on the path.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If you provide an MR folder context to the WebFOCUS Client, it assume an MRE execution mode, and should see whatever app folders have been set up for the domain.

Might it possible that:

• The user ID that is logging on doesn't have access to the domain?
  • The Domain hasn't been set up with a path for the app folder with the masters?

Or perhaps something has changed since last I looked at MRE... ?

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Expert
posted Hide Post
user id admin
app path is defined for the domain
it allw orks fine from the domain
it all works fine from dashboard
what we're trying to do is get PMF to run
op reports that already exist in mre
that means they're NOT in the pmf apps, NOT on the backend.
we want to avoid making second copies of everything.

Master
posted Hide Post
PMF is a hybrid. The content comes from an application folder and the channels for the content are in MRE in a domain called Performance Management Framework.

Are both the PMF Domain and the other Domain in repositories on the same Web server? If not that might be part of the problem.

Where are the masters used by the MRE report? Are they included on the main server app path?

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Expert
posted Hide Post
of course they're on the same box, or i would have mentioned that.
the masters are on the domain's path.
that's not the problem.
its the FEXES that are called by the ajax-enabled launch page that can't be found. the fexes are in the domain, the launch pages are in the domain. they work fine from mre and/or from db.
we want to display on the pmf TODAY page this launch page /fex that are in an mre domain.

Master
posted Hide Post
OK, a few notes ago you mentioned the masters were not in the path; you also said the fexes were the problem but I missed that detail.
Now I get that part, but we still don't know a whole bunch of stuff about your specific situation. E.g., what are you running on your today page? How are you trying to run the MRE report?

Basically the situation is the gadget_page_shell.fex which is PMF's dashboard substrate, or else the PMF view or launch page you're running on your today page, is running via MRE's graces but is not an MRE component. It is a "app" component. When it calls out to an operational report, if it's a FOCEXEC, it's going to look on the server path and not automatically assume it's an MRE FEX that's being called.

However, if you use the URL method we recommended above, and you're drilling from a PMF report and clicking the "operational report" link, the MRE report should launch properly. If it doesn't that would be a problem in MRE and would need a fix from WebFOCUS. So if that's the situation it's recommended you talk to those folks.

On the other hand if the today page is a hand-coded report, here are the guidelines. If it's a:

On still the other hand, if you're trying to just run an MRE report inside a today page, and it's not running, and you've configured that as a Launch Page and are using the URL method we outlined above, passing the proper MRE parameters to identify the focexec, again, it's an MRE issue.

If none of these situations define your problem, then please send in your code specifics, as they'll describe it best.

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105

Expert
posted Hide Post
Bob, Focus please.
the masters are on the edapath.
the fexes called by the ajax dropdown boxes in the launch page are not on the edapath, they are on the path of the domain where they liave (and where they run just fine)
the URL method is being tried for the today page
the url calls to a launch page in mre.
the launch page in mre would be perfectly capable[has all its attributes perfectly written] of executing its report on Submit.
what it canNOT do is run its fexes which populate its dropdown boxes.

so we dropped the idea of running a URL in the today page, and went back to a tiny app-resident launch fex,
that fex could APPEND a path to include the domain, then launch the htm page via htmlform.
it might work...
IF WE KNEW THE SYNTAX FOR mapping A PATH to an mre domain, to force PMF to look at the domains.

this is what i'm looking for
at the top of the fex that is my Today Page
APP MAP somename /WebFOCUS76/basedir/mydomain
APP PREPENDPATH somename
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-INCLUDE mylaunchpage
-HTMLFORM END
where mylaunchpage is in mre
and i want to show it as the today page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

Master
posted Hide Post
Susannah,

Please don't get frustrated. We're trying to help you.

You're not providing either examples or clear explanations of what you're trying to do. Perhaps you are trying to, but your posts are a bit vague. They don't specify the methods used to create your program, what the program actually does (apart from call focexecs in an MRE repository) nor that you decided to change direction.

You have all the information about what you're trying to do but you did not give enough of it to us to get the specific and single answer you wanted.

Hence we provided you with multiple options for how to do what you want, hoping one would stick, but apparently you want us to make a single correct recommendation that's absolutely right, so in order to do that, we're going to have to ask you a whole lot more questions.

So let's get this narrowed down, and perhaps then we can give you the one and only right option.

What did you create that lists what? (a) A FOCEXEC? (b) An HTML page? (c) Both?

With what tool? (a) Notepad? (b) DevStudio? (d) MRE (c) Something else (specify)?

If DevStudio, what did you use? (a) Text editor (b) HTML Layout Painter (c) Something else (specify).

That lists what? (a) Report names? (b) Parameters to be selected for the reports, with the report burned into a form (c) Parameters to be selected for the reports, with the report in JavaScript (d) something else (specify).

That calls the reports using (a) JavaScript (b) an HTML form (c) a hyperlink (d) something else (specify).

thanks

Bob Jude Ferrante
Bob_Ferrante@ibi.com
917-339-5105