Focal Point
[Closed] - Filter Gadet

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461084022/m/1977058786

September 25, 2017, 07:26 PM
Jasen
[Closed] - Filter Gadet
I have a scorecard that is a summary for our entire company. One gadget is a grid showing how the metrics are performing overall. I would like to have another gadget that only displays metrics that are associated with a specific business segment so that I can view by division for that segment.

On a side note I was able to get the analysis designer grid to work that way. Still having issues with the stacked bar and other gadgets and the filter however.

Can I do this in the fex?

Is there some other way to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jasen,

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output
September 27, 2017, 05:38 PM
Trevor Dunn
Jasen,

While this is may be possible to recreate by applying Groupings to the second Gadget, it may take a little more work to do this automatically via fex. Admittedly, I will have to look into this myself. Another consideration is the possibility of Broadcasting from one gadget to the other, (a feature that Moonbeam gadgets have but Grids traditionally do not).

Regards,

Trevor Dunn
Information Builders
September 28, 2017, 01:39 PM
EricH
Jasen -

If you can do this in Analysis designer - *and* - if grid output is suitable for your needs, then you can create an Analysis Designer Gadget that will give you the desired display.

Eric
September 28, 2017, 02:15 PM
Jasen
I can live with it for now. It would be a good wish list item for at least the stacked bar and D3 Dimension rectangular heatmap. These will be two gadgets that will eventually be used frequently.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output