Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Performance Management Framework (PMF)    [Resolved] PMF displaying field names instead of AS names

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Resolved] PMF displaying field names instead of AS names
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Instead of showing the names that I have defined in the dimension for each level, PMF is showing the file names (IE. _LEVEL01_VALUE).

I know there's a focus set command to display the field names instead of the titles in a masterfile, but I haven't played with that.

Please advise,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Joey,

The FOCUS environmental command is

SET ASNAMES  = OFF | ON 

You can also do this inside a TABLE FILE

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES OFF | ON 

and it will override the global environmental setting.

EricH

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi EricH,

Sadly, setting ASNAMES on did not resolve the issue.

I will continue to investigate the problem and will make an update to this thread if I resolve it. In the meantime, if you or anyone else have any more ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Joey

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HI,

I tried and isolated the scenario.
I found something in the a_5_meas1 fex.

ACROSS &SORTACR_FIELD_AS This will display the TIME_LEVEL_01 field name instead of an ASNAMES title.

I did a quick test.
by changing to ACROSS &SORTACR_FIELD_AS AS 'JJJ' the Title changed to 'JJJ' .

Now the thing is I would need a dialogue manager field across all the reports.
I was only able to isolate the Across 5 Periods report..

I will update with more posts...

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I found a fex called pmf_analysis_parms,this drives the dialogue manager variables &sortby1,2 and 3. Since we have HUB_PRODUCT we need to add the logic at each level to pick up the ASNAMES.
This is resolved. For the 5 Period report we can addresss at the report level.

Will show on Monday Moogle.
Regards. John

-PMF 5.1.2
-WebFOCUS 7.6.9 on Windows 2003 Server
-MSSQL Server